The new Air rims are laced in a 3 cross configuration using double butted spokes on to a Drone cassette hub for one of the strongest and lightest wheels available. These are Chrome rims laced onto black hubs using Black spokes.
We were very specific about having a cassette with super fast engagement. The end result is a hub that has 3 individually sprung pawls with 150 points of contact which creates an almost instant engagement when you start to pedal as well as being one of the most unique sounding cassettes on the market. So if anyone is running a ‘tall order’ cassette you will instantly be able to recognize it from the unique sound alone.
The hub also has a chrome driver and laser etched logo to complete the look. This hub is available with a 17mm female axle and 14mm bolts.
- Branded rim tape included
- Ready to go out of the box
The Air rim features:
- Custom extruded triple box section profile
- 33mm wide x 19.4mm deep rim (11mm Sidewall)
- Aluminium 6066-T6 material
- Increased wall thickness around spoke holes
- Flash welded seam joint
- Centralized spoke layout for increased spoke angle
- Internally drilled to reduce weight
- V-shaped internal rim bed for easier tyre installation or removal
- Larger flattened bead profile to resist dents and reduce pinch flats
- Large corner radius to reduce hang ups during grinds
- Box section walls are continuous with no cut-outs to maintain strength around the entire rim
- Weight: 2lbs 10.6oz